Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Organize Your Math Manipulatives!

I started moving things to my new room yesterday.  I am gaining not one, but TWO, walk-in closets!!  I.am.SO.excited!  And let me tell you... those closets are filling up FAST.  I have sooo much stuff.  I might be a teaching-supply-hoarder {the best kind, right?!}.

While I was cleaning and organizing, I came across my math manipulatives and decided I needed a storage change!  So I set off to Target and picked up two sets of Sterilite shoe boxes {$5.99 for a set of 5}, printed and laminated my new labels, and got to work:
  I think even math should be pretty :)  I like these shoe boxes because they are clear, stackable, and the lids are easy to pop on and off {and they actually stay on}.  Also, they come in my classroom colors!!

Here's a close-up of the labels:
If you're interested, these labels come from my classroom labels starter kit! on TpT.

Hmmf, my hubs was supposed to grill for dinner tonight... but the rainy weather, his lateness from work {he's an accountant and it's his busy season}, and the lack of lighting on our deck means I'm making some Kraft mac and cheese instead!  I'll talk to you soon :)

34 love notes:

Nicole said...

oooh 2! closets!?! I'm jealous! I bought a TON of those same bins in teal and pink last year... it's looking light I might need to buy more when I go organize my closet! Love your labels!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Tonya said...

LOVE your labels! I did that ALL today to only find out my labels DIDN'T STICK! How in the world did you get them to stick??? I was so upset:(

Tonya
Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

J Tilton said...

Those labels look so gorgeous! You worked hard today!
www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

applesandabcs said...

I love how bright the colors are! I just saw those bins yesterday when I was at target! :)

Michelle
Apples and ABC's

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Tonya, I use Scotch clear packaging tape... it's AMAZING!!

Heidi said...

I love the blue bins. I have NEVER seen pretty bins like that around where I live. I decided I am going to have to buy some spray paint and just paint the ugly lids my colors :) Cute labels for the bins too. :)

2 closets? I don't even have a walk in closet in my house. haha

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Tonya said...

OK...I am SO going to use that...when I get back in my classroom! HAHA! I guess it will have to wait until later this sumemr!

Elisabeth said...

Love those containers and your labels are too cute!

Elisabeth

Rachel Seymour said...

This is a GREAT idea! I'm heading to Target tomorrow!! :)

Rachel
A-B-Seymour

Courtney Bartlett said...

Ok, I am so jealous! I am moving classrooms too but losing all my storage. Ugh!

Swimming into Second

Miss Sara said...

I love those boxes!!!
I want some too! But we don't have Target in Canada :(

Miss Elementary

Jennifer said...

That is awesome that you have two closets! Your math manipulatives are looking great!

Delighted in Second

Allyson Butler said...

I am loving these ideas!

Sara Soucy said...

The labels look awesome! I love the bright colors.

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Laura said...

The boxes are precious, I love a good walk-in closet, and you can't go wrong with Kraft Mac and Cheese!! : )

Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

The Teachers Backpack said...

I love the bin labels. I'm super jealous about you having 2 walk-in closets. I could definitely use that.

Cara
The Teacher's Backpack

Michelle Hudgeons said...

I love those shoe boxes! I think a Target shopping trip is in order!!!
Michelle @ Smitten With First

Jessica Stanford said...

SOOOOOOOOOO cute! I'm losing my walk in closet :(

Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class
PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

Lovely Nina said...

Love how your labels pop with bright color!

Lisa R. said...

What I wouldn't do for 1 walk in closet, let alone 2! I love how your organized all your math manipulatives. This is definitely one of my summer goals!! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Miss Kindergarten said...

Love The labels!! I can't wait to start organizing!!!

Just Wild About Teaching said...

Very cute toots

Kristen said...

They look so lovely!! I could just gaze at your containers all day, how bad is that?!?

Mrs. Wheat said...

Okay, question... I have been wondering this forever but never really had a forum to ask it in. (I'm sorry to highjack your comment section) Teachers- How much money do you spend on ink? What kind of printers do you have? I have a wireless HP Photosmart printer and I feel like I spend a FORTUNE on ink and just when I really need it.. it runs out midway through a job. grrrr!!! Does anyone have a super smart solution? Is there a website or service that you can send jobs to that will print them at a reasonable price with good quality?
Your labels are so cute and so are all of your centers!!!

EveryNewBeginning said...

I hot glue my labels to my containers (or use clear packing tape). Either way they usually stay on.

Love those bins... I have had them in my cart twice and have talked myself out of them.


Every New Beginning

Jenn Bates said...

Love those labels! I totally need to do this!
Jenn
Finally in First

Glitzy In First Grade said...

<3 it!!! I need to organize...I feel behind on all my classroom projects!

I'm Sara said...

Hi Teri!

This isn't related to this post, but I wanted to put your button on my blog! The only problem is is that there isn't a button, it's just your link!

Please let me know so I can add you to my "Blogs I Love" page!

Thanks,
Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees

Grade School Giggles said...

Your blog is beautiful and your labels look great.
✿April✿
Grade School Giggles

Lory Robinson said...

Super cute labels!
Lory

Fun for First
The Robin’s Nest

Little Millennium said...

Pretty good post. I just came across your site and wanted to say that I have truly loved reading through your blog posts. Any ways I’m going to be subscribing for your feed and I hope you post again soon.
Regards
Primary Education

Brandy said...

TPT is saying the link isn't available....did you take it down? Super cute and would love to have them!

Mrs. Cupcake said...

@Brandy-- I updated the link! It should work now :)

dhiraj said...

kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.